Business Analyst Apply Now
Satel Creative is in search of a Business Analyst to work with some of our top clients. We are an ecommerce and retail software company. We specialize in creating comprehensive solutions for our clients. Our goal is to understand how the technical and business needs can fit together. We're proud to be Shopify Plus Experts based out of Vancouver, BC. Our ideal person will strive to understand all aspects of the role. Acting as a key interface between the client and project team, the Business Analyst defines, evaluates, and documents requirements and processes to lead data-driven decision-making for project success. We are a highly technical company, so any previous knowledge of ecommerce (preferably Shopify) in addition to web and app development is beneficial but guidance will be provided.
Is creating quality, long-lasting solutions important to you? We strive to make sure what we create is an accurate representation of what we're capable of, exploring new technology along the way.
Do you consider yourself a life-long learner? Technology is an ever-changing industry. Through curiosity and personal development we can stay competitive, both as individuals and as a company.
Are you looking for a team you can learn and grow with? Collaboration is one of our core values. We work to come together as a team and support each other. At Satel, we believe that great teams are built on trust and honest communication.
How do we support our team as a company? We're proud to offer;
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Flex Spending account for each employee
- Unlimited time off, we only ask you ensure that your team is covered and your career is on track
- Flexible working hours
- A proactive approach to mental health, including a support policy and regular mental health talks
- A hybrid office model and policy to support employees who wish to work remotely post-pandemic
- Weekly anonymous surveys to help us understand where we can improve as a company
Please apply with both your resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
The Satel team is based in Vancouver, BC with our office located in the False Creek area. This position will be remote for the foreseeable future, however, candidates must be able to operate in PST.
Full-time position with a probation period
Most important soft skills:
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail and capable of self-managing in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple teams
- Confident and results-driven
Top technical skills:
- Analysis and documentation to support the communication and delivery of business and high-level project requirements to the internal project team and client stakeholders
- Uncovering areas within internal process for improvement and identifying and implementing solutions
- Practicing effective time management, prioritization of initiatives, resource allocation, and maintaining cost-efficiency
- Eliciting business and high-level project requirements
Main duties and percentage of time doing each:
30% Leading the requirements gathering process with the client and creating associated documentation
20% Evaluation of ideas presented by the client, review with the internal project team, and providing recommendations to the client
10% Assisting the project manager with the creation of user stories and prioritization of the backlog
20% Providing analysis and support for both the client and internal project team
20% Supporting and coordinating with the project manager to monitor all change requests from the client and ensure they have been made in consideration of provided business requirements
Serving as a liaison between the internal project team and stakeholders. Acting as the first line of client communication ongoing, prior to escalation as needed to the Director of Client Services, and/or CEO.
Our Interview Process
An initial phone screen followed by a Zoom video interview with department heads, and a final video interview with our CEO.
We've gone fully remote! However, if you are overseas and do not plan to relocate you must be willing to operate in PST.|||Canada, US, Remote|||PM Team||||||wCpo~7m2FqCu.p7O|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false